Measures: 48 x 63 cm
Technique: Oil on canvas
Depository: Destroyed by a fire set by retreating German forces in 1945 at Schloss Immendorf, Austria
In this painting we can see Klimt’s extensive study of the dead body. We know that he often visited Otto and Emil Zuckerkandl, both Professors of Medicine at the University of Vienna and took part in the lectures on anatomy and the dissection of dead bodies.